Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Redecorated Post-Christmas

So...once I took my Christmas decorations down, I was really bummed how empty the corner where the tree had been now looked. I wasn't sure what to do because I really didn't like having our "office area" in that front entryway as we had before. Just got too cluttered and didn't look nice there. I prayed, somewhat grudgingly, for some creativity, because I knew going out and buying new decor wasn't an option. Well, a couple days later I remembered some old Wal Mart mirrors I had laying around from our old house, and other little things that could just use some doctoring up and then might look nice in that corner. I got my spray paint out, and had a lot of fun! 

New corner where tree used to be. Table that we had moved to our room, and  I (very badly) spray painted the mirrors.

Nanny (what Norah calls Andy's mom) painted this adorable  rocking chair for Norah

spray painted the frame on the wall, and put some scrapbook leaves inside the frame on the table.


2 comments:

Claire said...

It looks really good, Leigh! I love it! So colorful and creative! I was just thinking today how I would LOVE to come see your house sometime.... I wish!

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Love the painted little rocking chair! So cute!