There's so much left to do on our house, but I thought I'd at least show you what it looks like for now. I really don't know how to post these pictures much better, so bear with me!
 |
| Welcome to our home! |
 |
| Yes we still have a pumpkin even though it's Christmas. |
 |
| Our Christmas tree is in front of our door - has a lot more presents under it now! |
 |
| Looking from the front door into our living room |
 |
| This is my homemade advent calendar! |
 |
Closer shot of the advent calendar.
I spray painted these frames as well, and
the photos are shots from around the village
where we lived in Cape Town. |
 |
| We got this little table at Hobby Lobby marked down to $20. Love all the colors! On the wall above is our Africa plaque and pictures from townships and the village we lived in in Cape Town. I got the frames at the dollar store and spray painted them. Also here's a glimpse of our curtains - same print as in our bedroom but different color (both from good old Target). I love them! |
 |
| Looking from the kitchen into the living room and entryway |
 |
| Our dish display - Andy hates the color, but it's grown on me. What do you think? |
 |
| View on dining room and living room |
 |
| This picture was taken awhile ago but it shows the dining room from the living room, and the french doors to our back porch |
 |
| Another older shot, but it shows a bit of our back porch and yard. The porch is awesome so Norah can go out and play! See the awkward fencing in the yard? The previous owners had sectioned off a dog run. I hate that Norah doesn't have the whole yard right now (of course she just can go in and out of the fence but it looks so weird to me. Andy's big job for next spring is to move the fence out to border our whole yard instead of this one part! |
 |
| Dining room from kitchen |
 |
| Looking into kitchen from dining room. We painted the green, but I really can't stand the wood cabinetry. My plan is to paint it white as soon as possible! I'd love open cabinets, but that's a long way off. |
 |
| Hallway from living area. The first closet doors on right open to the washer and dryer. |
 |
| Family photos down the hallway. |
 |
| Norah's bathroom/Guest bathroom. Equipped for potty training! |
 |
| Looking into Norah's (and Elyse's!) room |
 |
| Most beautiful sight - my girl reading by her window |
 |
Her other reading corner! I'll eventually change this room a lot more and add more pictures. We'll put Elyse in here too, so it'll change a lot when we add her crib.
The banner above the couch are all her family pictures on scrapbook paper, that I strung on a shoelace. |
 |
| Master bathroom, off master bedroom |
 |
| Bonus belly shot! 19 weeks in this shot |
 |
| Here's where I show you all the things left to do. This whole wall is lined with books needing a wall to wall bookcase. We have in mind some rustic wood to mount, but just need to find the right thing. |
 |
| my jewelry |
 |
| This desk normally sits where the Christmas tree is, but I kind of like it here in our room. I love this table - we picked it up at the local art gallery. |
 |
| Our bed and view of the curtains. See how much left to do! We need a headboard, bedskirt or something to hide the mattress underneath, new nightstands, and then I'll get around to more pictures or mirrors on the wall. |
 |
| Just wanted to show you our curtains. I love them. |
 |
| Guest room for now - but going to be a study/3rd bedroom when we move Elyse into Norah's room. |
Thanks for coming along to see our home!
8 comments:
Yay! Now I can picture where you are :) and picture you pregnant :) Both made me smiley. Thanks for your mail too, will write soon, xx
Leigh your house is so beeautiful.I love the special things you've done to decorate.Linda Jordan
Your house is beautiful! I love your furniture pieces - esp the desk in your bedroom, and the little table by the doorway, and the dish display. They are all so unique and special in their own way.
Thanks everybody!!
The house looks great Leigh. So nicely organized and not overcrowded - which just makes for a lot of dust! I love the chairs on the front porch!
Your tree looks great and I love the advent - what a great idea!
What I love most about your home is the peace I experienced while staying with you! It is a peaceful, well ordered home, and Norah is one blessed little girl to have such a nice home and family life!
Mom
Thanks Mom! I have to include that you and Dad helped so much to bring our house together!!
I've been meaning to do some commenting catch-up for forever now .. especially on this post! Today is the day!
I ADORE the way you've decorated! You always do such a good job. It's neat to see things that you had back in Ohio, things you added from S. Africa, and new things too! You picked such beautiful pictures to frame, and the pops of color on the frames are awesome!
LOVE the dish shelf color! I love random colors like that, though. Changes a room up so much and makes it stand out. I'm actually contemplating painting all of Sophie's furniture blue and then distressing it. We'll see if I'm gutsy enough :)
The girl's room made me smile! Can't wait to see a crib in there too! Norah reading by the window is just precious.
The color of your room and those curtains are my favorite!!!!!!! Gorgeous!!!!! As are you :) Your belly looks beautiful!
You have the same beautiful talent as your mom to make a house a home. God Bless you...the house is adorable!
Post a Comment