Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Elyse Claire


On May 2, 2012 our little Elyse Claire was born. She has brought so much happiness to our little family. I can't help but smile when I think of the past year with our Lysie. 


She's chubby, chubby. She's still breastfeeding and I love that it makes her roly poly. She's full of energy, and she always lets everyone know just how she feels. She's happy most of the time, despite a rough patch with nursing and thrush and reflux in the first few months. Now she is typically content most of the time. She smiles when I put her to bed with her Pooh Bear and her dolly. She hugs them tight and giggles when I give them to her. She is so cuddly. She will often crawl up to me or Andy and lay her head on our laps, getting some snuggles before she continues exploring with her big sister. She babbles all the time but one of her only intelligible words is, "Hi!" She loves to greet EVERYONE she sees. And everyone just loves her and of course comments on her fat. 


I just adore her. I adore her chub. I adore her mostly-bald head. She doesn't keep headbands on long but I don't mind. I was bald as a baby and my mom always says how she missed my head when I got hair. I know I'll miss Elyse's. When she was younger and I'd lay in bed with her, I would just snuggle her soft, warm, fuzzy head under my chin and relish the feeling. Now when she cuddles up to me and lays her head on my shoulder, I stroke her head and the tiny tuft of dark hair on the back of her neck, and while I imagine what she'll look like as a big girl one day with long hair, for now I love her head that keeps her looking like my little baby. 

How in love I am with my sweet, loving, happy, lively baby girl. How blessed I am to have her and Norah Grace to play and laugh with every day. So thankful to God for these sweet little girls who I can call my own.


No comments: