Thursday, December 22, 2011

Books

I have been finding tons of great books at the library lately and I'm soaking them up - well at any chance I get that is! Lots of thoughts of book reviews and comments, but in case that doesn't happen any time soon, I'll just show you for now!

Fascinating perspective on the ways the hearts of true conservatives are changing in this country, and reaching back to their roots. Most of all, these changes come because of faith. I don't agree with everything, but for the most part, this book just made me think, "so that's why I feel the way I do!"
I've heard of this book for awhile and finally found it at the library.  It shares the plain and simple truth that kids don't play outside like the used to, and what a loss that is to their childhoods. This book makes me want to move into the country and let Norah run outside all day long.

In the middle of this one now. Very interesting and challenging objective perspective on homeschooling. The author spent time in 6 homeschool families' homes. Some of the atmospheres were wonderful, some were very disheartening. Making me think a lot!

No comments: