
The last couple weeks have been slow-paced and relaxed. The days go quickly nonetheless. Sometimes I feel like I can't believe it's Norah's bed time already because it feels as though my time with her during the day has gone so fast. Andy has been home a lot with schools being closed, and though we are all eager to get going with ministry life here in our new home, I am so enjoying these days of closeness as a family. Today was the first day since we've been in South Africa that it truly felt like summer, or Africa, for that matter. It was over 90 degrees Fahrenheit and sunny with no wind. Up until now it has always been either windy and sunny, or rainy or just cool. I actually like that cooler weather, but I have to admit today was perfect from beginning to end. We have a little blow up pool in our yard for Norah, so she swam in it this morning (with her new water wings - she even can "swim" alone without us holding her when she wears them!), then we went to the beach for an hour or so and we walked in the water and sand, then later on after her afternoon nap we went to a reservoir and swam some more! Perfect summer day.
The holidays were really good. I have been missing my family more lately, surely in part to the holidays, but it's just time. It's been awhile, and I just really miss them. But our holidays here were good. We spent time with our new friends, and a lot of time as a family. Beach, or hiking, or just hanging out at home.
Things will be picking up now. Starting this Saturday we have visitors on and off for the next 2 or 3 months. We have Africa Jam camp this week. Andy will stay there, Norah and I will go back and forth and spend (at least) nights and nap times at home.
It's taking a long time to learn what normal life is like. Sometimes I'm really anxious to get there. But I'm also enjoying the journey. And realizing our lives may never be normal, and that's ok. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment