We went back to camp for awhile, and then when we got back home, our six visitors had arrived! We are hosting a team from Adventures in Missions (the World Race) that are going to help out with Africa Jam and other ministry projects for a couple weeks. Norah was elated to have all these people all paying attention to her. There are four girls and they all took turns playing outside with her. They are great group and I'm excited to hear more of their experiences from the past several months. They have been all over - Ireland, Zambia, Malawi, Romania, etc. I'm looking forward to the next couple weeks. We'll have them help out at the church we're involved in in Ocean View (a local township we are starting ministry in), and see where they can help out here and there with Africa Jam programs and clubs. We'll also show them around a bit and introduce them to some of our friends from different parts of Cape Town.
Saturday, January 8, 2011
Picking Up
So after our nice quiet holiday, things are starting to pick up full-swing. We had such a nice week being at home, having a couple trips to the beach, and just getting things in order. Then Thursday night Norah and I dropped Andy at camp. He's working at the annual Africa Jam summer camp (yes it's summer here!) Norah and I have been going back and forth a little bit, between her naps, meals, bedtime, etc. It's always a good challenge for me when I am on my own with her. I have to stay so on top of things when it's just me and her. I rely on my husband for so much - driving, helping out with Norah, and just generally thinking about things, so sometimes it's good for me to have to do it myself. :) Thankfully camp is close enough (about a 20 minute drive) that Norah and I can visit. This morning Andy shared at devotion and used Norah in his talk. He held her while he spoke and even had her "act out" a story he was sharing (a story about her of course). It was very sweet :). We hung out for a bit after devotion, but she was getting pretty tired so we headed back and had some down time at the house...listened to music, ate lunch, played with toys, and then she had her nap. I love that lately she enjoys her time alone in her bed. She always spends some of her nap time playing, and I am so happy that she finally likes being there. I put a few toys and books in her crib. Today she woke up after two hours and then played for another 50 minutes before crying for me to get her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment