Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Back Again

It's been awhile, as we've been very busy lately. A week after moving in, my dad came from the States to see us for a few weeks. It was such a wonderful visit. We got to do lots of touristy things to show him Cape Town, and also just enjoyed relaxing and hanging out. We got to visit my Granny who lives 8 hours away, and that was wonderful too. It's such a strange feeling that I have family here, and yet am so far from family as well. God gave us a very special gift too on the last day of my dad's visit - Norah took her first 2 steps right in front of him! My dad had been saying he would love if she would do that during his visit, but then the three weeks went by and she still hadn't. So I was thrilled when she finally did, just a couple hours before Grandpa had to leave.
She has taken a few more since then, and I am so excited   for her to be walking all around on her own.

Yesterday my sister's second baby was born, Britany Zoe Flores. It's really sad not being able to be there, but I am staying tuned on Skype as much as possible, and am about to "meet" her via webcam in a few minutes. 

This past week has been all about getting back to our new normal for us. We are "catching up" on a lot of ministry stuff, including just spending time with some of the kids from Khayelitsha. We are organizing schedules and routines. Norah and I have had a good week, staying home and enjoying each other. I started doing some more purposeful activities with her and planning more of a set routine for the day, besides her normal nap and meal times. Slowly but surely we are on our way to LIFE here in South Africa. Not sure what "normal" really looks like, but I want to see what God has for us in it.

No comments: