Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My Yes is Joyful

The other day I posted about saying Yes to God. Yes to His call to be a mommy, a wife, and whatever else He has placed in our lives. The next day I found the verse 1 Timothy 2:15. Another way of putting it, mentioned in my Bible's footnote, was to accept your role as a mother. To "say yes." 

My Yes is not a sacrifice. My Yes is joyful! Sometimes I get caught up in the daily burdens of being a mom and wife, and I forget how wonderfully joyous it is! To spend each day with my little girl, to see her reach new milestones, grow in her understanding, to have her hug me and kiss me and cuddle up to me with a story book - I couldn't ask for any sweeter way to spend my day. To have my husband, my best friend, talk to me and share his heart with me - what a treasure! I am the only wife and mom they have. 

God's callings on us are not burdensome. Let my heart run free in the joyful paths of His calling. Let my heart say YES. Let me not complain and grow discontent. Let me lean on Him for strength in every part. Let my Yes be joyful!

Psalm 23:2a, 5b, 6:
"He makes me lie down in green pastures...my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

Psalm 119:32:
"I run in the path of Your commands, for You have set my heart free."

Psalm 16:6:
"The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance."

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Leigh, I was just catching up reading your blog & I saw the last verse you posted really big on here. It's great because about a month ago at my discipleship group, while all the ladies were praying for me, Cindy Porter "got a word" for me & it was the first line of that verse...My boundary lines have fallen in pleasant places. That was all she gave me so I looked it up & found that verse & meditated on that whole psalm for the week. I just think it's interesting how you used it in your post =)