Monday, September 26, 2011

North Carolina

This is a pic of our house when we first came to see it.
Landscaping needs some work!

It's now been over four months since we've been back in the States. We spent 2 months in Vermont with family, and 2 months living with Andy's aunt and uncle here in North Carolina while we bought and closed on a house. Last weekend we moved into our new house! We are all so excited. Norah continues to call it "new house" and I think she's still trying to make sure we aren't moving again. She loves it. She loves her new yellow room, her new BIG GIRL BED!, her toys that have come out of storage finally, and her new yard.
We have LOTS of work still to do, finishing up painting in a couple rooms, repainting our kitchen cabinetry and backsplash (yucky wood and a nasty color all over right now), moving the gate in the backyard to enclose the entire back yard and not just a dog run area, continuing to unpack boxes, hang pictures, etc etc. Lots of work. But at least its all work in settling us in our home. Something we've longed for for a long time, and thank God, now we have it.

To be honest, it still doesn't feel like we're home in North Carolina, and I have accepted that it's going to take a long time to feel that. I love the people and church here, but just the fact that we left South Africa abruptly after investing so much in people there, and before that left our home of 3 years in Ohio, and still continue to live hours away from our family - means that it's going to take a lot of time to settle. It's ok though. God is showing His provision to us every day. And our little family is loving being together.

my little beauty queen!
After living with people for several months, we're getting back into a routine of things on our own - from exercise and devotions to menu and cooking to Norah's and my schedule during the mornings. Slowly, surely it will come together. 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The house looks beautiful Leigh. So glad to see you have time to blog again! Look so forward to seeing you and your new home soon.
Mom

Claire said...

The house is really pretty! I want to see some indoor pictures now ;) And Norah is such a beauty. Ugh, I miss you all SO much. And honestly, I feel like only recently has Vermont begun to feel home again even though we lived here during high school years... whenever your heart has been invested in a place where you physically are not, I think it's hard to re-plant it. I'll be praying that you are able to truly make that transition soon with the help of some great friends! I love you so much and I'm happy that you are finally in a home of your own!

Vos Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vos Family said...

Hi Leigh! This is Katie (Anderson) Vos.I am excited to hear that you are living in North Carolina, that is where I live too! What area of NC are you in? E-mail me if you like, my e-mail is vosfamily@gmail.com. I am excited to see that you and Claire have blogs, you both have beautiful families!

Annette said...

Hi! This is my first time visiting your blog. I am hopping over from Jessica's blog Our Family for His Glory. My husband and I live in Nc too! I am looking forward to reading more of your blog when I get a few spare minutes. ;-). Blessings!