Andy and I are waiting to hear on a specific apartment just a couple streets away from where we are now. We love this new place and are praying we will be able to lease it. I think that will encourage me too to look forward to that when Claire leaves.
Claire and Bryan are setting up arrangements to live in Vermont, and I am sure they will do well there.
In other news, last week we (Claire and I) and some missionary friends we have met here started a Moms' group for a few of us who are missionary/ministry moms with young babies and toddlers here in Muizenberg. We are having our second group today, and are discussing what we would do or would not do again so far from our first year(s) of motherhood. We are planning on having older women come in to speak to us on different topics. I know this will be a good support system for me; I'm eager to gain the encouragement from other moms in similar situations to me.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:
Hi Leigh! This is Leanne; I met you when Melissa came to visit you. I can't remember if I have left you a comment here before or not, so I thought I'd better make sure you knew who I was. :)
I read your last entry and then Claire's entry, but I didn't get to comment. You are all in my prayers; you have been and will continue to be. I'm so sorry this is happening, but I'm glad that you did get this time together! If nothing else, it is nice that they were with you for a little while to help with the transition! This way you weren't leaving everyone behind at once. Plus, you got to make many more memories, as you mentioned.
I'm glad you have this mom's group now. It sounds like a great way to make some close friends over there. Enjoy your last weeks together!
Post a Comment