Saturday, May 29, 2010

By Faith



It was by faith that Abraham obeyed  when God called him to leave home and go to another land that God would give him as his inheritance. He went without knowing where he was going. And even when he reached the land God promised him, he lived there by faith—for he was like a foreigner, living in tents. And so did Isaac and Jacob, who inherited the same promise.  Abraham was confidently looking forward to a city with eternal foundations, a city designed and built by God.(Hebrews 11:8-10).


It was by faith...he went without knowing where he was going.


It is by faith we will also go, though I do not know where I am going. 


He lived there by faith...By that faith we must also live.


I can't depend on books, people, or myself to show me how. 


Only my Shepherd can really teach me how to live.


Only He can guide us on this path to a place we do not know, only by faith can we live there.


We leave in three days for South Africa. Please pray for our family, and for spiritual protection and guidance overall. 
In parenting, in marriage, in ministry, I must live by faith. 

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I found your blog through missionary moms and have enjoyed reading your writing. The things you are blogging about right now are all too familiar and remind me of leaving for the mission field 5 years ago. This time brings such a mix of emotions...I will be praying for you as you say good byes and anticipate your new life. God is faithful!

Jess said...

I will be praying for you and your family as you take this incredible new journey.