
With life being the way it has been the past several weeks, I have gotten out of my routine and haven't been spending time in the Word every day. Yesterday I just sat down and did it - took some time to read and journal and pray, and it made all the difference. I know that I need to be in God's presence even more than ever right now!
Something I felt God was showing me immediately as I read (in Ephesians 4-6) was to reevaluate my attitude and behavior toward my husband. Awhile ago I felt like God was reminding me that one of my biggest (or the biggest) role I have in our ministry is to encourage and support and help him. Sometimes that means standing back a little bit to take care of things behind the scenes. Sometimes it means taking care of Norah so Andy can take care of the other work. Sometimes it means giving him moral support. It takes all sorts of faces. But I realized last night that I have all these desires about how to help others, but sometimes I don't even want to get up off the couch to get something for him, or just make dinner! Just little things, that are required in living a life of love (Eph. 5:1). With this in mind and in prayer today I already noticed a huge change in my attitude. Hopefully he noticed too. I know without a shadow of a doubt that it is my attitude as the woman that determines the tone of my home, my marriage, my family, but often what comes out of me is not the tone I want to see here.
I'm so thankful for the man I get to spend my life with, have adventures with, serve together, raise a family together. I want to show him (and everyone else) how much I really love him. And I want to do it not only for him but first for God, and also for my family.
Will you pray for me for this?

3 comments:
Thank you for that reminder. I get lazy when it comes to doing things for Dan as well. It's like I think, "well, I've already done ____," so that should be enough to fill my daily quota, right? WRONG! :)
This is a great reminder, Leigh! And I am totally with you on this one...sometimes it's tiring to be a good wife!!
I will be happy & honored to pray for you in this area. You are such a wonderful godly women & Andy is blessed to have you for his wife & helpmate. The attitude of your heart shines through for many to see.
Love you Leigh
Nancy
Post a Comment