Dear Colin,
I can’t believe you’re 30 today! I remember walking into your room with the family, singing “Happy Birthday” complete with video camera and everything, when you were turning 16. I thought you were so old and grown up! :) Now that I sound like your mom and not your little sister...just wanted to say Happy Birthday, and I love you, and I’m so very proud that you’re my big brother.
Truly, I am so proud of how talented you are, how sweet and compassionate, how smart and how funny. I love being around you and just wish that could happen more often. I hope this year is incredible for you, and I really mean that. I hope it brings fulfillment in all things and that you further discover every day more and more of who you are meant to be. You bring so much joy and inspiration to others and I hope you keep doing just that.
Thanks for the big brother you have been to me and Claire. Thanks for the hours spent teaching (or trying to teach) us basketball out by the barn. Thanks for the long bike rides and hikes and the meaningful conversations that accompanied. Thanks for always making me laugh, no matter what, and like no one else can. Thanks for inspiring me, believing in me, listening to me, and sharing with me. I hope that some day my daughter can have a brother like you have been to me and Claire. We treasure you so much.




No comments:
Post a Comment