Friday, April 24, 2009

American Idol

Ok, can I just say that I am still upset about Chris Daughtry and David Archuleta not winning? I was watching David A. videos tonight, and then watching David C. videos from the same nights. David C., even though I do like his new songs, gives me a headache if I listen to him for too long. His voice is really grating the longer I listen. And David A.'s is so smooth and really just beautiful. Cook's voice is bound to help him do better because he fits into a rock genre, where Archuleta should stick to softer songs and ballads (I'm disappointed in his pop stuff actually)...but in my opinion, David A. is a much better vocalist. And back to Daughtry year, do I even need to expound on the fact that TAYLOR HICKS beat him? (Do you even remember that guy?) So yeah...I just hope American Idol doesn't disappoint again this year. I'm about done with the whole voting method. It's why the good singers don't win and the "popular?" ones do.
So as for this season, my personal vote is definitely going for Kris Allen. I think he has a great voice and I like the style he has as an artist. Of course, I'd be surprised if Adam doesn't win - the guy is undebatedly talented and a great performer. So we'll see...
Who are you voting for?

No comments: