Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Husband



I love my husband. He is seriously so amazing. He's in the other room right now having accountability group with some guys from our college Bible study. I love the way he is with those guys. And I love the way he leads the rest of the college group every week. He sets direction and vision for the group, as well as connects with and genuinely enjoys each person there.

I love the way he does his job. He is a worship pastor at our church. He is seriously one of the most gifted worship leaders/band directors I know or have heard. And he goes beyond the musical element in his job. He is so gifted musically, but he also has perspective to focus on the needs of the church, the needs of his band members, and the importance of developing leaders and talent in his band members. He knows how to put a band together, how to get each person to play their part in just the right way for it all to sound beautiful. I love watching him do this.

I love the way his two Little Brothers love him. They're two little guys he mentors. They call him all the time and come over to our house weekly. They love wrestling with him, playing games with him, shooting hoops at the Y with him, or just talking to him. I love that when they get in trouble at school he lays down the law with them, but he also always makes them laugh and is sensitive to their feelings.

I love the way he is with my family and our friends. He is honest, straightforward, genuine, and also extremely loving and sensitive underneath it all. He gets along with everyone. Everyone likes him.

Most of all, I love the way he is with me. I love being married to him. He is my best friend. I can be 100% myself around him. I feel completely comfortable and confident around him, because he has made me feel that way. He is sweet to me and he is fun. We just enjoy being together. I love the way he leads me. I love the way he has vision for our future, just like he has vision for his band or for our college Bible study group. He is a visionary and a natural leader, and I have always admired that and needed that from him.

I can't wait to see him as a dad. I know his baby will love and adore him, and I know he will protect and devote himself to his child.

He loves God and strives to become closer to Him. He loves me and is committed to me. I am so thankful for my husband. :)

1 comment:

numberonenanny said...

Leigh your children will rise up and call you Blessed! Proverbs 31
You are such a precious women of God, and a wonderful wife and soon to be mom!