My heart has been so sad this week. My sister and her family, who have lived here in North Carolina for the past 9 months, moved to practically the other side of the country (Minnesota). It about took my heart out once again. When we hugged goodbye last weekend, it was as if I was hugging my little tiny sister again. I had a flash back to when we were just little, together all the time. She was this little blond girl and I just thought the world of her. I felt it was my duty to take care of her and protect her from everything, even though I wasn't that much older. And all along we were best friends, playmates, companions through homeschooling, several moves, and all the changes life brought. When our college days came, when we got married, when life has brought us to different sides of the world or just the country, it tears my heart out every time we say goodbye. And as we stood there, hugging and crying in my entryway, our littles - little Claire and little Leigh - stood there watching us with sensitive eyes, wondering at our tears. It made it so much sadder to have to say goodbye to those three little people who are extensions of my sister. How thankful I am for every moment we've had together. I know this wasn't the perfect place for her family, but I thanked her, and I thank God, that they came here for a little while. It truly blessed me and my family to have them close. Just like any other precious season we've had together. And just like I pray we'll have again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment