Do you like this fabric? I am using it to make a duvet for our bedroom in our new apartment in Cape Town! It is part of an effort to save money, make our new home comfortable and beautiful to us, and to expand my domestic skills. I have recently become quite interested in sewing (though I'm not at all good at it, and my sewing machine isn't working correctly so it is a very drawn out process). I found an easy to follow tutorial to guide me.
Speaking of Cape Town, if you are following our website www.reachingcapetown.com, and viewing the newsletters there, you know that we bought tickets and will be arriving, Lord-willing, June 1. It is hard to believe how close it is. I am so thankful that my dear sister and her family bought their tickets as well and will be arriving just 8 hours before we do. We have found an apartment (hence the duvet) which we have seen pictures of. So I am trying to think of ideas of what we need and how to decorate it inexpensively but in a way to make it home. I know that will greatly help our transition. I believe it is important to make our home a place we feel comfortable and happy! I am excited to make our new house a home in creative ways. I have found a new bloggy friend who has been emailing me some awesome ideas for how to do this. Check out her blog - Shilo is a missionary mom in Paraguay and she has found ways to make her homes overseas beautiful. I love her writings on how God showed her that He gave her her desire to create a beautiful home. After all, He is the ultimate Designer/Decorater/Creator!
I am longing to write more but my little sweetheart takes VERY short naps, and I hear her calling now. So my opportunities are few and far between. I hope to keep updating, even briefly, more frequently though. Please keep checking our family site (mentioned above) for updates about our move and ministry, and check here for my more personal thoughts about my life, faith, emotions, and ponderings on wife- and mommyhood and homemaking.
Here's a recent shot of the little one - 6 months next week!

2 comments:
Thanks for contacting me! So glad to meet another American moving to South Africa!! You will love it here. Would love to connect with you when you guys are in Durban sometime - or we might be coming to Cape Town for visit later in the year. Your baby girl is so cute!! My little one takes short naps too, so I can relate. But he sleeps all night, so I can't complain. I'll be following your blog and will send you an email with my address. Love making new friends!
Hey Leigh,
Just catching up with you guys! So excited that you've gotten your tickets! Praise God!
I know it is exciting but also means lots of chaos for you with packing, goodbyes, etc. Hang in there! I know you are doing great!
Love,
Shilo
P.S. Love the fabric! I had my first sewing lesson last week! Now to find a machine to use!
Post a Comment