![[1large+button.png]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgGxhI_q5FCde4zaTOsFuRjEFHI7W7ZvttmRG0oovufSUX19fC8BY2biPSyhmarkp98P0NOhXIYHA4Zbbscbe3d2eXGA4XNixVze8ArORQPF_mRcE41AJ2HI9ntPHxFGWeyiw-72HjVmVQ/s320/1large+button.png)
Today I am participating in session 2 of the online study at At the Well.
This week's study focused on the name of God, "Yahweh." This incredible name represents so much of the beauty of who God is. It represents that He is and brings Freedom, Safety, Power, Healing, Salvation, Provision. The name in Scripture is closely related to His redemption of His people.
As I listened and reflected on the meaning of this name, I felt more in awe and in love with who God is! Just knowing who He is renews and transforms who we are.
One point from Jenifer Jernigan's teaching this week that stood out to me was that when God made His covenant with Abraham, Abraham was asleep. So Abraham had nothing to do with the covenant. It was entirely derived from God, which meant that God would be responsible to fulfill it. God is entirely faithful to His word to us, and it does not depend on us!
This week's question is, what is a time God has been faithful in my life? I have seen God's faithfulness
in so many ways. One area that always comes to mind is my marriage, and the bringing together of my husband and me. We met at the end of high school and thus, were separated most of our college years. It took so much faith and prayer and commitment for us to get through those years before we were finally married. I look back on that time as one of the hardest seasons of my life - he was my best friend and I missed him so much. It took all my faith to trust that God was bringing us together and He would keep us together. Through distance, doubts, and fears, He grew us closer, and on September 29, 2007, we were married. God continues to be faithful to grow us in our marriage, and I see His faithfulness in answering prayers for and in our marriage now. One of the doubts I had in our relationship was that I felt a call to missions, and I wasn't sure that Andy did. I wrestled with thinking that I had to choose Andy or missions. I realized that God had brought Andy into my life and that He would take care of any conflict in my heart. After all, God had led me to Andy and God had burdened my heart for missions, so God would fulfill the work He had started. But this realization was a real struggle for me. I wanted to do the "right" thing. But now, as we approach moving to South Africa to serve TOGETHER as a family, and as this is now completely initiated by my husband, I see that God was faithfully working out His plan all along. He brought us together so we could serve as a team.
God has been faithful beyond what I could have ever imagined. He has fulfilled all the desires of my heart, and He will continue if I delight in Him! (Psalm 37:4).

3 comments:
I love this, Leigh. I love reading your synopsis of those years that I lived by your side! It's so cool to think that in the moment, you aren't sure how everything will pan out... but then you look back and it all makes sense. Funny how we have to learn that lesson again and again... I feel like I'm looking at South Africa and wondering when and how it will all come together, but one day, you and I will be in Cape Town, sipping tea and watching our girls play in the ocean together and we'll realize that it all made so much sense! Love you!
Cape Town, South Africa!?!? Can I go??? :o)
It never ceases to amaze me how God draws people together and then uses them to serve Him. I love it!!! Some of my most memorable times with my hubby are those times when we are serving the Lord together or studying His Word together.
Our God is faithful to bring His plan to fruition.
Praying for you and your family as you plan and pack for South Africa. Please keep me posted!!!
Blessings to you this week as you dig into God's Word seeking to know Him more.
Be sure to email me any questions or comments you might have by Friday, Feb. 19th to jenifer@byhisgraceministry.com
By His Grace,
Jenifer
You guys are SO cute!!
Hindsight is a beautiful thing :) Your family is all in our prayers here! I know God will bless you all greatly for your obedience to his call and desire to do his will!
Post a Comment