Monday, September 21, 2009

Waiting...

We are still here! I look at my countdown on the side of my blog, and it says -5 days till due date! How sad is that?! No I know I am not the first woman to go late. Yes I know many other women went one or even two weeks late. I was just really hoping I would be an exception. :) Oh well, I guess that is not to be!

If we do not go into labor on our own before then, the doctor will induce me Friday the 25th. Tomorrow (the 22nd) I go in for a non-stress test on baby Norah, to ensure she is doing well still. It doesnt really matter if the mom has broken out into a rash all over her body, or if she has constant back and stomach pain and pressure, or if she is emotionally at the end of her rope...no, that wont make them induce. I guess they think you have gone this far, what is another week?

But as frustrated as I am, I do just want my baby to be healthy. I guess it is ok I have to go through all this, as long as she is born healthy and thriving. I guess pregnancy is about learning to wait, learning to cherish, and learning to sacrifice for your child. I know any day now, I will be looking at her beautiful face and I will forget about the pain of pregnancy, labor, and waiting.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Leigh, I will be praying for you Andy, and Norah. Norah is going to be beautiful and so happy to meet you and Andy and the rest of her family.

Praying for you all!

Jess

Kim Neyer said...

I remember my last few days of pregnancy... I was MISERABLE!! You will feel so good immediately following the birth because all the pressure is instantly gone! I remember when my water broke, and instantly my belly didn't itch anymore from the tightness. What a relief!