Monday, October 20, 2008

Home is Where the Heart Is.....Where is Home??




I'm having a wonderful time visiting my parents and brother. It is great seeing them, seeing the familiar little things of home, remembering my roots. But I miss my husband with all my heart. It is so sad that I can't have the dearest people all together. Why does life have to take us all so far apart? Why can't we have our families all together? Why doesn't God have me and Andy live near our families? Though I'm happy with where God has taken us, and so love our marriage and our life in Ohio, it saddens me that we can't all be together. Also, I realize that part of the struggle has been that when I got married, everything changed. Not only did I get married which was a big life-change, but I moved far from our family, friends, and home. I grew to love Ohio quickly, mostly due to how welcoming everyone in our church was to me. And when I found a job, my life became even more fulfilling quickly. And the most important part was, no matter what else, I was with my best friend - Andy. But there's always been this sad place in my heart that has so missed being near family. There's something about your family and home that gives you a rootedness, and I have struggled with the lack of it since being in Ohio.

1 comment:

numberonenanny said...

Leigh just reading about your visit home made my heart ache for you. I know exactly how you are feeling. It's tough to leave behind all that is familiar and start brand new in another state, church & home. God understands this and will hold you even closer! I'm glad you were able to spend some time with your folks & brother! I'm sure you were happy to be back with your hubby too!
Love you honey!!